Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mon Amour... Paris!

So, very horrible story. We woke up at 6:30 a.m. to catch out plane at 10:30 due to needing to finish packing, taking two metros, checking in, getting thru security, dealing with RyanAir. Well, they only let you bring one bag on board...that either means you take a carry on bag or a purse. So, therefore I decided to check my bag (catch is it can only weigh 15 kilos, about 30 pounds.) well my bag was 40 pounds... so there I am in the airport taking stuff from my carry on and putting it in my purse. Anyway... we were in the airport, waiting for our plane, by 9 a.m. Well we couldn't even board the plane until around 11:30 a.m. and we were taxied for over and hour. Therefore we didn't leave for Paris until a little after 1 p.m.  In the end we finally got to our apartment around 6:30 p.m.

That night we walked around Montmartre and saw the Sacre Coeur and ate at "Les Refuges des Fondues" it was amazing and I had a baby bottle of wine and ate cheese fondue. It was great.  The next day we walked all over and saw pretty much everything possible in a day, the only day we were there.
Pili and I on the bus from Beauvais to Paris (about an hour)

Yes, this was the door to our apartment. (No, I am not kidding)

The Love Lock Bridge, this isn't exactly what it's called but that what I call it, it's a bridge in the middle of Paris where couples decorate a lock and lock their love and throw the keyes into the Seine. 




Pont Alexandre III

I hope we all know what this is! 

If you put your feet on this plaque, supposedly you will be back to Paris. It was true for me last year! Now this is this year so we'll see! 


Quite a lot to do within a day! It was a blast and to end our day in Paris... we saw the Eiffel Tower twinkle at 11 p.m. Paris is my love and puts a smile on my face just by being there. Plus, I had a good time with W. ;)

naoma*

2 comments:

  1. muy buenas fotos la de la puerta de alcala, la tuya que estas asomadilla en el pasto con la florecilla, la de pili en el aeropuerto... saludos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'expérience dans l'aéroport...épouvantable ! Mais bien sûr, n'était pas mal quand tu es arrivée à Paris. Nous te manquons! Amuse-toi.

    :)
    ;)
    :D

    ReplyDelete