Monday, September 27, 2010

What is it about growing old?


I feel like I am so young & living my life to the fullest! I mean I’m in France and living here, abroad, for a year studying French Literature and Civilization… something I have always been very passionate about! But all of a sudden I start realizing the time it ticking and that I’m always running against the clock. 


I have a wide range of friends both here and there, some older some younger. Yet it scares me that as I get older & my friends too. That we'll become to be the ‘older’ part of the group rather than the ‘younger’ part. It’s scary because when you were younger you just couldn’t wait to grow up & now I am. I am here in France, living by myself & still surviving! No breakdowns… yet! However, when you’re younger you see the group of young to mid twenties & you think man they are kind of old & cool… well now I’m part of that group & its cool but not as cool as you thought it would be. You think you will have your whole life figured out by the age of 25, yet… here I am at 22 and I have NO IDEA what I am going to be doing at 25 or even where I am going to be!!! 


Who knew I was going to be in France when I was 22? Certainly not me! Though this sounds as I am complaining about being 22, I am not. I feel wiser & am happy that I have at least chosen to live my life to the fullest when I was younger. This is an experience I will never forget, this is a period of my life that I can’t wait to tell my children & grandchildren about!

naoma*

No comments:

Post a Comment