Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 6

As I've grown older I've started to notice a few changes in myself. I guess this happens with everyone... it is completely natural. But do we ever end up exactly as we thought when we were younger? Did you ever become that ballerina? that fashion designer? that fireman? that police cop? that doctor? Did I ever imagine myself being a French literature major? No.

When I was little I thought I was going to be a Fashion Designer and be an über busy business woman. I thought I would live in Paris and be very smart and probably single until around my 30's! Now? Can I imagine being that person? Yes, I still can. [except the Fashion Designer part] Do I still want to be that person? No. 

When I grow up, I want to have time to cook, time to be with my family, time to travel, time to experiment, time to actually do everything I want to! I want time to knit, take pictures, do artread, spend time with friends & family, I want time to sit in front of the T.V. while folding laundry. I want to be a house wife/intellectual/artist all in one, is that possible? I hope so... these little things bring me such joy in life that I really can't imagine putting them off. Since I have been in College, I have never had all the time in the world for things I wanted to do. I always had to focus on papers, tests, finals, projects, etc. before I could pick up that paint brush or pick up those knitting needles. I am done with putting things off. I feel like I've wasted so much of my time with doing things I didn't want to do or things I had to do. I know... we are adults we have responsibilities.. but wouldn't it be nice? 

I imagine some day that I will become the artist I want to be, have a huge library as well as a huge kitchen with a nice collection of movies sitting by the fire knitting and having a little puppy at my feet! 

[like this one]


Sounds nice, no?

What do you want out of life? 

naoma*

1 comment:

  1. i loved this! it echoed so many of my feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete