Saturday, January 1, 2011

Misadventures in Paris!

First of all, Happy New Year's to everyone! :) 

Second of all, I said I would start the 30-day blog challenge today but have decided to better tell you about my New Years because it is a story that not many get to tell. 

My friends and I decided to go to Paris for New Year's. I know. Excellent Idea! We met at the train station at 8:20 p.m. last night so we could take a train from Amiens to Paris. [We didn't buy tickets] so we jumped into a cabin and tried to lock the door and turn the lights off and act like we were sleeping just in case the conductor passed and was asking for tickets. We didn't get caught! :) 

As soon as we arrived in Paris we were trying to get ahold of our friend Arick but pretty much failed miserably! The metro in Paris was free during New Year's :) After tons of people and metro stops and following the girl in the yellow coat we made it to the Eiffel Tower stop. Our friend Halvard decided he was hungry 20 minutes til midnight and get in the long line at Subway. I know. I know. After the delay we made it to the Eiffel tower with 10 minutes to spare. We got the grapes ready, the champagne glasses and the glasses! :) 

The Eiffel Tower twinkled at midnight and we drank our Champagne and ate our 12 grapes! :) Now, to hunt down Arick! After about 15 minutes we found him and his friends! [Mission Impossible] And we were off to our Soirée! [it was so far out!] We finally made it to the party around 2 ish. We got lost because the place was so big and there were so many of us. It was a blast! We left the party around 6 a.m. and ran off to the Gare du Nord to catch a train to Amiens so we could sleep! 

Halvard and I managed to loose everybody on the train and we also managed to just pass out [again we didn't buy tickets] Great thing about traveling is when you sleep because you don't feel the time pass by. I woke up by the sound of my phone going off and going off ... "Where are you? We are looking for you at the train station" Halvard and I slept through our stop and we ended up in Boulogne. Do you know where Boulogne is in France? At the very north.. the coast... right in front of England! OMG! We had to wait an hour to catch the next train from Boulogne to Amiens. We didn't miss our stop this time. We arrived in Amiens around 12:30 p.m. I had been up since 9 o'clock in the morning of the day before! 

I got home and slept till 8p.m. Let's just say that this New Year's will never ever be forgotten! 

Here are some pictures from last night! :) Enjoy! 






Putting on the glitter mask. 

Party time!

Waiting for Halvard by the Metro stop.

In the metro.. woot woot. 






naoma*

2 comments: