Monday, July 25, 2011

Journal Entry no. 1


*Read this before reading this entry::
                                        Bienvenue


July 3rd, 2011.

Overall, this has been the best year of my life… I wouldn’t trade it for the world. The people I’ve met here have changed my life forever. This year hasn’t only been about fun; it has been about self-discovery. I have learned so many things from cultures & languages to discovering a new sense of awareness that I would have never of learned in the States or Mexico. I have truly learned and accepted that I am not like most Americans. This year has also allowed me to realize that I’m not an oddball or black sheep, I just happened to have been born on the wrong continent. I’ve learned that I tend to get along with or relate to Europeans better. I’ve learned that life isn’t easy but that if the right people surround you that life seems worthwhile no matter how tough it may be. I’ve also learned that one of the hardest things to do in life is to say ‘good bye’ to people that hold such a special place in your life/heart… especially when the next rendezvous date is unknown. But the thing that this year has enlightened me most is that my mission is to move to Europe indefinitely. I hope. Hope! Hope is all us mere mortals have to hold on to…

No comments:

Post a Comment